Section 3 - Exercise Videos
Exercise #9 – Hip Adductors
Muscles Used: Hip Adductors
The video shown above demonstrates how to perform this exercise one time with the right leg and one time with the left.
The final hold position for the right leg is shown in Figure 1a below. This position is held for 10-15 seconds using between 70-80% of your maximum strength. The same is then performed with your left leg as shown in Figure 1b below.
- It doesn’t matter what time of day you exercise however, your body will respond best if you choose the same time each day to train.
- To increase the resistance, step further away from where the band is tied or use two bands together.
- Use a watch or a clock with a clearly visible second hand, so that you can accurately time your exercises.
- Try not to let the band slide too far up your leg while performing this exercise.
- The final position for all the exercises should be held for 10-15 seconds. The amount of effort you should be exerting during this time should be between 70-80% of your maximum strength.